If your business is in one of the cities or counties that have a change scheduled, it is important that you know about the change and that your POS system is updated, if applicable, at the end of business on September 30th.
Here are the changes from the MN Dept. of Revenue:
- Anoka County .25% increase
- Carver County .5% increase
- Clay County .5% increase
- Dakota County .25% increase
- City of Fairmont .5% increase
- Hennepin County .25% increase to .5%
- City of Moose Lake .5% increase
- City of New London .5% increase
- City of Proctor .5% increase to 1.0%
- Ramsey County .25% increase to .5%
- City of Spicer .5% increase
- Washington County .25% increase
- Wright County .5% increase
We are concerned that these tax increases haven’t received much media attention and could slip past some of our members. Merchants are responsible for remitting the tax at the new rate, even if they collected the tax at the old rate.
Click here for a sales and use tax fact sheet from the MN Department of Revenue.