MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
- Q3 2021 Issue of PROOF is Online July 9, 2021
- Minneapolis and St. Paul End Indoor Mask Mandates June 1, 2021
- MLBA Press Statement on Today’s Removal of Capacity and Distance Limits on Bars & Restaurants May 28, 2021
- More Media on Electronic Pull Tabs May 12, 2021
- MLBA Statement on Today’s Dial Turn for Bars and Restaurants May 6, 2021
- May 5 Press Conference on the Elimination of Electronic Pulltabs May 5, 2021
- Editorial from MLBA Board Member on the Benefits of Electronic Pull Tabs May 5, 2021
- Video Testimonials on the Value of E-Tabs and Bingo May 5, 2021
- MLBA Helps Prevent a Massive Increase in Off-Sale Liquor Licenses in St. Paul May 3, 2021
- SBA Releases Timeline for Restaurant Grants April 27, 2021
- Call to Action: House Bill Would Severely Impact E-Tabs and Bingo April 15, 2021
- MLBA Golf Outing is Wednesday, July 7th April 3, 2021
Letter to Governor Walz Regarding Emergency Relief for Shutdown Bars & Restaurants
On Premise Industry,
Another dial back was placed upon our already disenfranchised and targeted industry. Linked here, you will see a collaborative letter that was sent to the Governor’s office yesterday afternoon. This letter is a culmination of guidances and demands that were based upon industry leaders’ and memberships’ wants and needs. This letter asks for immediate funding and relief to the hardest hit industry in Minnesota.
MLBA Member Craft Brewers Respond to Brewers Guild
Several local craft brewers have rejected the Brewer’s Guild President’s claim to stop buying Minnesota craft beers at liquor stores. Summit Brewing’s founder, Mark Stutrud, an MLBA Allied Member since 1992, wanted to respond to the Brewer’s Guild President’s online video from 4/29/20. Please click here for a PDF of Mark’s open letter.
Long time MLBA Allied Member Ted Marti of August Schell also responded to the Guild’s video. Click here to read the letter from Schell’s.
Other Minnesota craft brewers that have rejected the Guild’s claim, read on…
Tobacco Purchasing Age to 21
The U.S. Congress has agreed to push the tobacco purchasing age to 21 – which also applies to e-cigarettes and vaping devices. The MLBA has been active on this issue at a local level. Minneapolis and St. Paul specifically. We have received concessions from both cities to allow off premise establishments to sell menthol products. And, after many attempts to take this from us, we have been victorious to keep selling this product, responsibly.
St. Paul Proposal Would Add Hundreds of New Off-Sale Licenses in the City
MLBA has received information that the St. Paul City Council is taking up a proposal that would change city ordinance. The current ordinance regarding distance requirements states that off sale establishments cannot be within a half mile (2,640 feet) from another off sale business. Well, that is being challenged.
At next week’s city council hearing, there will be a proposal to change the current half-mile restriction to a 300 foot distance restriction!This means that the City of St. Paul would allow for 8 off sale wine stores to operate within each half-mile radius from another off sale establishment.