MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
- Frontline Worker Pay application dates, FAQs and updates May 23, 2022
- Frontline Worker Bonus Pay May 5, 2022
- Q2 – 2022 Issue of PROOF is Online! April 1, 2022
- 2022 MLBA Golf Outing is Wed. July 13th April 1, 2022
- MLBA Supports Sports Wagering Bill if Bars & Restaurants are Included March 10, 2022
- Mask Mandate Lifted for Minneapolis and St. Paul February 24, 2022
- MLBA Hall of Fame Member Bob Feuling Passes February 21, 2022
- St. Paul Mayor Renews Mask Mandate February 17, 2022
- Vaxx Mandates in Mpls & St. Paul Lifted February 10, 2022
- Vaxx and Mask Mandates May Be Ending Soon February 8, 2022
- St Paul Increases License Fees During Vaccine Mandate February 7, 2022
- Minneapolis Vax Mandate Challenged in Court January 27, 2022
St. Paul to Vote to Restrict Tobacco Sales
The St. Paul City Council is continuing to restrict both access and the sale of tobacco products. The new direction the St. Paul City Council is taking will be one of the most restrictive tobacco ordinances in the nation, if not the most restrictive!
The St. Paul City Council is touting this as further controlling the sale of tobacco and vaping products to young people and vulnerable groups. If you recall, St. Paul has been steadily restricting the sale of tobacco products for many years. In 2009 they passed an ordinance to ban the sale of any candy that was imitating a tobacco product. In 2016 they banned the sale of flavored tobacco in convenience and liquor stores and lastly in 2019, increased the minimum age to purchase tobacco products to 21.
MLBA Testifies at October 27th House Informational Hearing
Minnesota’s Alcohol Retailers Weigh in on House Commerce Committee Proposals
(St. Paul, Minn.) – Today leaders of the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) and Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association (MMBA) testified on behalf of their members at the Minnesota House of Representatives Commerce Committee’s informational hearing pertaining to many alcohol-policy related proposals.
Federal Employee Benefit Programs Ending in Early September
As the federal benefits programs come to an end on September 4, we hope the labor shortage in the hospitality industry improves as people begin to look for work.
Three federal benefit programs will end on September 4, 2021:
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- $300 per week supplemental payments under the Federal Pandemic
- Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program
Q2-2022 Issue of PROOF is Online!
The Q2 (April – June) 2022 issue of PROOF is Online:
In this issue:
- Legislative Priorities for 2022
- 2022 Will Bring New Challenges to MN’s Liquor Industry
- Some of the Bills MLBA is Tracking this Session
- MLBA Supports the Open Wholesaling Bill
- Photos from the 2022 MLBA Legislative Day
- New Product Spotlight: “Cutwater Cocktails”
- Allied Spotlight: “Clearent” and “Froogle”
- And much more!
Click here to see the issue.