MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
- Joint Press Release from MLBA, Hosp. MN and Brewers Guild July 1, 2020
- Small Business Relief Grant Program Deadline is Thu. July 2 at 5pm July 1, 2020
- U.S. Senate Votes to Extend Paycheck Protection Program 5 Weeks July 1, 2020
- Governor Walz Warns Bars After Covid Cases Increase June 30, 2020
- States are Shutting Down Alcohol Sales Again June 26, 2020
- On-salers can have indoor seating at 50% capacity starting June 10, 2020 June 6, 2020
- Hospitality Businesses Damaged in Riots and Where to Donate June 5, 2020
- MLBA Press Release on Opening Bars/Restaurants Indoors June 2, 2020
- U.S. Congress Passes Modifications to PPP Loans May 29, 2020
- NE MN Bar Owners Speak Out on Being Able to Open May 29, 2020
- MN Court of Appeals Rejects Lawsuit to Void Executive Orders May 27, 2020
- Q&A On June 1st Opening May 23, 2020
Q&A on June 1st Opening
Members, there have been a lot of questions on the specific rules for opening of Bars and Restaurants on June 1st. Here is a link to the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development website. It is not very complete with regards to alcohol requirements for the outdoor seating. So MLBA has been busy trying to get clarification from several state agencies and the Governor’s office.
Below are a few of the most common questions with answers compiled by Executive Director, Tony Chesak.
MLBA Member Craft Brewers Respond to Brewers Guild
Several local craft brewers have rejected the Brewer’s Guild President’s claim to stop buying Minnesota craft beers at liquor stores. Summit Brewing’s founder, Mark Stutrud, an MLBA Allied Member since 1992, wanted to respond to the Brewer’s Guild President’s online video from 4/29/20. Please click here for a PDF of Mark’s open letter.
Long time MLBA Allied Member Ted Marti of August Schell also responded to the Guild’s video. Click here to read the letter from Schell’s.
Other Minnesota craft brewers that have rejected the Guild’s claim, read on…
Tobacco Purchasing Age to 21
The U.S. Congress has agreed to push the tobacco purchasing age to 21 – which also applies to e-cigarettes and vaping devices. The MLBA has been active on this issue at a local level. Minneapolis and St. Paul specifically. We have received concessions from both cities to allow off premise establishments to sell menthol products. And, after many attempts to take this from us, we have been victorious to keep selling this product, responsibly.
St. Paul Adds Increased Enforcement for Labor Violations
With increased labor regulations in the city like increased minimum wage with no tip credit and sick and safe time laws, the St. Paul City Council passed an ordinance August 14th that aims to bolster investigations of worker complaints about labor issues.