MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
MN Moves to Block CBD Beverage Sales
As CBD’s are increasing in popularity, MN still has restrictions for off premise sale and distribution. Please read the article below and the MLBA will keep you updated as these laws may in fact, change.
Amazon Investigated in CA for Liquor Law Violations
Amazon is under investigation in CA for bending existing laws that require stores that deliver to be based out a brick and mortar and be open for at least half of the hours they deliver for.
This is just another sign of Amazon and massive big box retailers doing their best to shut down every independently run family business. PLEASE join the fight and get involved!
Reality Check: Sunday Off-Sale has NOT Increased Tax Revenues
On WCCO Channel 4’s Reality Check with Pat Kessler on August 14, 2019, he points out that after 2 years of Sunday Off-Sale, tax revenues have not increased nearly what the supporters of the bill said they would.
Proponents claimed that alcohol tax revenues would increase $10 to $15 million per year. The actual increases were closer to $3.6 million, which is at or below the annual revenue increases for the past 10 years before Sunday Off-Sale!
St. Paul Adds Increased Enforcement for Labor Violations
With increased labor regulations in the city like increased minimum wage with no tip credit and sick and safe time laws, the St. Paul City Council passed an ordinance August 14th that aims to bolster investigations of worker complaints about labor issues.
- MLBA Member Appreciation & Awards Dinner is Sunday, October 27th September 6, 2019
- Minnesota Moves to Block CBD Beverage Sales September 3, 2019
- Amazon Investigated in CA for Liquor Law Violations August 20, 2019
- Reality Check: Sunday Off-Sale Has NOT Increased Tax Revenue August 15, 2019
- St. Paul Adds Increased Enforcement for Labor Violations August 15, 2019
- Industry ‘Giant’ William (Billy) Lynch Passes August 13, 2019
- August 8: New Wage Theft Ordinance Approved in Minneapolis August 8, 2019
- Mpls Wage-theft Ordinance Essentially Duplicates State Law August 8, 2019