MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
- MLBA Hall of Fame Member Darrell Ansel Passes December 2, 2023
- Article from Colorado after Wine in Grocery Passed Last Year November 20, 2023
- Webinar on PFAS in food and beverage packaging prohibition, 11/29/23 November 16, 2023
- Total Wine Sued by Federal Gov’t for Antitrust October 30, 2023
- Former MLBA Board Member Paul Carpenter Passes October 24, 2023
- Metro Area Sales Tax Increased October 1st October 24, 2023
- Bottle Bill May be Brought Up Again in 2024 Session October 20, 2023
- Q4 – 2023 Issue of PROOF is Online! October 4, 2023
- Metro Area & Fergus Falls Sales Tax Hikes Take Effect October 1, 2023 September 26, 2023
- Sellers of Low Dose Hemp Derived Products Must Register with the State by October 1st September 21, 2023
- First Month of Tax Revenue from Hemp Derived THC Products Announced August 24, 2023
- Anoka approves MN’s first “social district” August 23, 2023
St. Paul to Vote to Restrict Tobacco Sales
The St. Paul City Council is continuing to restrict both access and the sale of tobacco products. The new direction the St. Paul City Council is taking will be one of the most restrictive tobacco ordinances in the nation, if not the most restrictive!
The St. Paul City Council is touting this as further controlling the sale of tobacco and vaping products to young people and vulnerable groups. If you recall, St. Paul has been steadily restricting the sale of tobacco products for many years. In 2009 they passed an ordinance to ban the sale of any candy that was imitating a tobacco product. In 2016 they banned the sale of flavored tobacco in convenience and liquor stores and lastly in 2019, increased the minimum age to purchase tobacco products to 21.
MLBA Testifies at October 27th House Informational Hearing
Minnesota’s Alcohol Retailers Weigh in on House Commerce Committee Proposals
(St. Paul, Minn.) – Today leaders of the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) and Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association (MMBA) testified on behalf of their members at the Minnesota House of Representatives Commerce Committee’s informational hearing pertaining to many alcohol-policy related proposals.
Federal Employee Benefit Programs Ending in Early September
As the federal benefits programs come to an end on September 4, we hope the labor shortage in the hospitality industry improves as people begin to look for work.
Three federal benefit programs will end on September 4, 2021:
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- $300 per week supplemental payments under the Federal Pandemic
- Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program
Q1-2023 Issue of PROOF is Online!
The Q3 (Jan-Mar) 2023 issue of PROOF is Online:
In this issue:
- Issues for 2023 Legislative Session
- Former MLBA Executive Director Frank Ball Passes
- Protect Our Charities Stands Tall for Electronic Pull Tabs
- MLBA Supports THC Drinks and Edibles in House File 100
- Tax Conformity for Restaurant Revitalization Funds and Other Grants Passes
- Sponsor Photos from the 2023 MLBA Legislative Day
- Allied Spotlight: Crooked Water Spirits
- And much more!
Click here to see the issue.