MINNESOTA LICENSED BEVERAGE ASSOCIATION
Since 1952, the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association (MLBA) has been helping licensed beverage retailers in the state of Minnesota with information resources, educational programs and government affairs services designed to promote and protect their business. All our member retailers understand that “with MLBA you’re not alone.”
“Supporting and Promoting Responsible Alcohol Retailing Since 1952”
Industry Giant Billy Lynch Passes
Minnesota’s Licensed Beverage industry lost a true champion on Tuesday, August 13th, when William (Billy) Lynch passed away.
Billy was a man who worked in the adult beverage industry in all three tiers of the three-tier system his entire adult life starting as a liquor store owner in 1965, a wholesaler with Griggs Cooper and also a sales rep for Jim Beam.
He will be greatly missed.
New Wage Theft Law goes into Effect July 1, 2019
In the 2019 legislative session, Minnesota legislators from the Democrat majority in the House and Democrat minority in the Senate prioritized passing several workforce mandate initiatives. The final compromise included language from both the House and Senate bills.
Can I Pass on My Credit Card Fees to My Customer?
There is a lot of buzz in the marketplace currently around this question. It’s a good one, especially in the current business climate where inflationary costs coming in the form of mandated wage increases, higher food and beverage costs are coupling with other increasing operating It’s getting harder to remain profitable.
Sports Tipboards Now Legal in MN
by Tom Barrett, Director MN Gambling Control Board
The United States Supreme court recently ruled in favor of permitting all states the opportunity to allow sports wagering. It will be the decision of each state to consider what forms of sports wagering will be allowed.
- Reality Check: Sunday Off-Sale Has NOT Increased Tax Revenue August 15, 2019
- St. Paul Adds Increased Enforcement for Labor Violations August 15, 2019
- Industry ‘Giant’ William (Billy) Lynch Passes August 13, 2019
- August 8: New Wage Theft Ordinance Approved in Minneapolis August 8, 2019
- Mpls Wage-theft Ordinance Essentially Duplicates State Law August 8, 2019
- Alcohol & CBD Filled Balloons August 8, 2019
- New Wage Theft Law Effective July 1, 2019 July 2, 2019
- ASCAP and MLBA Make It Easy to Legally Play Music June 25, 2019