- Do I have an account and how do I log in?
- How do I purchase a course or courses for my staff?
- How does an employee take a training course?
- Do I have to register to take a course myself?
- How do I change my password, email address or other account settings.
- When an employee tries to register, it says that their email has already been used, what should they do?
- An employee does not have an email. Can they still take the course?
- When an employee enters a training credit code, it says it is not valid.
- What are the system requirements for the training course?
- Will the course work on tablet computers or smart phones?
- How long does the course take to complete?
- A training student gets to the end of the introduction video segment and nothing happens (there is no “Continue” button).
- At the end of the first video segment there are no test questions, what can be done?
- The video plays very choppy and stalls often. What can be done?
- How do I add an additional location to my account?
1. Do I have an account and how do I log in?
If you are an MLBA member and have provided us with an email you may already have an account setup for you. Your username is your MLBA.com account number which can be found on your printed membership certificate and also on your membership invoices. To retrieve your password, go to MLBA.com, click on “Login” and then click on “Lost Your Password”, enter your MLBA.com account number or email that we have on file and click “Retrieve Password”. An email will be sent to you with a link to change your password.
2. How do I purchase a course or courses for my staff?
You can purchase 1 or any number of “credits” for your staff. After you login, on your dashboard click on “Purchase Credits”, enter a number to purchase (they are $15 each) and then you will enter your credit card information. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Once you purchase the credits, they will appear in your list of “Available Credits”.
3. How does an employee take a training course?
Once you have purchased a training credit (or several credits) your employee(s) must each register individually and during the registration process it will ask them to enter a training credit. There is an easy to follow PDF file located in the toolbar of your Dashboard that you can fill out and give to your employee(s). You can fill out the employees name and also copy and paste one of your training credits into the file. It has step-by-step directions to register, choose the training type (On-Sale or Off-Sale) and then enter a training code. It also describes the course, and has an FAQ/Help questions in case they get stuck.
4. Do I have to register to take a training course myself?
No. Since you are already registered, on your Dashboard simply click the “Redeem” link next to any available credit in your list and then choose the specific training type (On-Sale or Off-Sale). The course will begin below, simply click on the blue “Pre-Test” button to begin. Do not have your employees click the redeem button on your Dashboard because your name will be associated with the training not your employee’s name.
5. How do I change my password and other account settings?
From your Dashboard, in the upper right corner click on “Hello, User”, then click on “Edit My Profile”. Here you can change your user information and change your password, etc.
6. When an employee tries to register, it says that their email has already been used, what should they do?
They may have taken the course in the past, if this is the case they can avaid registering again and just go to the “Training Portal Login” and login with the username and password they registered with before. If they are using a general email (like [email protected]) from your place of business that has been used by another employee, and they do not have another email, see the next question.
7. An employee does not have an email. Can they still take the course?
Each training user must enter an email address when registering. If they do not have one, just make one up. They can use [email protected]. Include the plus “+” symbol and “Your_Name” is all one word. Example: “[email protected]”
8. When a student enters a training credit code, it says it is not valid.
If they are using a training credit from the old (Pre – 2013) Online SALES course, it will not work. Please email us at [email protected] to get an updated code to use. The other possibilities are that they may be using a code that another employee has already registered with (one code per student) or they may not be entering the 11-character code exactly as it appears. Training codes are case sensative.
9. What are the system requirements for the training course?
The system has been tested on several machines, both PCs and Macs, and it works well on the following browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Very old machines using Internet Explorer are not recommended, but does work in some instances.
10. Will the training course work on tablet computers or smart phones?
The training course has been found to work on most tablets and smart phones although there are always some instances where some combination of hardware and software do not work. In this case, a user can always login with the username and password they registered with on a different device or using a different browser.
11. How long does the course take to complete?
Depending on how many times you watch each video segment. (A student may go back a re-watch any video segment at any time by clicking on their “Dashboard”) It should take about 1 hour to complete.
12. At the end of the introduction video segment nothing happens (there is no “Continue” button), what can be done?
Older computers using Internet Explorer and Netscape have been found to be troublesome. Consider using a browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox on the PC or Chrome, Firefox or Safari on Macs.
13. At the end of the first video segment and there are no test questions, what can be done?
Older computers using Internet Explorer and Netscape browsers have been found to be troublesome. Consider using a browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox on the PC or Chrome, Firefox or Safari on Macs.
14. The video plays very choppy and stalls often. What can be done?
You are probably on a slow Internet connection. You can pause the video and wait a few moments to let the video “buffer” a bit. If it does not help, you can always log out and try the training on a different computer at a different location. Just go to mlba.com, click “Login” and enter the username and password that you registered with. You will be taken to your “Dashboard” with the table of contents and you can start the training where you left off.
15. How do I add an additional location to my account?
From your dashboard, simply fill out the form under “Add Additional Location.” Dues for the additional location will be $240 per year and pro-rated depending on the number of months left on the membership. For example, if the member has 6 months until their membership expires, the dues for the additional account will be one half year at $240 = $120.