As many as 667,000 frontline workers in MN can expect to receive a $750 bonus. Click here for the State of MN Frontline Worker Pay website for updates. Sign up here to receive updates about Frontline Worker Pay.
Who is Eligible
- Must have worked at least 120 hours in Minnesota in one or more frontline sectors between March 15, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- For the hours worked during this time period the applicant:
– Was not able to “telework” due to the nature of the individual’s work.
– Worked in close proximity to people outside of the individual’s household.
- Must meet the income requirements for at least one year between December 31, 2019 and January 1, 2022.
– Workers with direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities must have had an annual income less than $350,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly or less than $175,000 for other filers.
-For workers in occupations without direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities, the annual income limit is $185,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly or $85,000 for other filers.
- Must not have received an unemployment insurance benefit payment or serve a non-payable week for more than 20 weeks on a cumulative basis for weeks between March 15, 2020 and June 26, 2021 (Minnesota Statues, section 268.085, subdivision 1, clause 6).
How Do I Apply?
An online application system is under development. When the system is ready to accept applications, eligible workers will have 45 days to apply. Visit www.frontlinepay.mn.gov and sign up to be notified when the system is live.
Who is a Frontline Worker?
- Long term care and home care
- Health care
- Emergency responders
- Public health, social workers and regulatory services
- Courts and corrections
- Child care
- Public schools, including charter schools, state schools and higher education
- Food service, including production, processing, preparation, sale and delivery
- Retail, including sales, fulfillment, distribution and delivery
- Temporary shelters and hotels
- Building services, including maintenance, janitorial and security
- Public transit
- Ground and air transportation services
- Vocational rehabilitation