The PREMIER Educational Conference for Minnesota License Holders!!
held at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center in Alexandria
Saturday, April 29 – Tuesday, May 2
- 10 Educational Seminars! Educational Sponsor: IL Casualty Co.
- Vendor Showcase is Sunday 10am – 1pm! Scroll down to see list of OVER 30 VENDORS!!
- Wine & Beer Pairing Meals!
- Fun Events (Casino Night, Trivia, Scavenger Hunt)
- Beer, Spirits and Wine Included!
- Package Deals or Choose Your Days!
(Thanks to these great Allied Members for stepping up their support at this event!)
Special Thanks to These Great Allied Members for Coming to the Show on Sunday, April 30th
Arctic Glacier Ice
ATM Source International
Crow River Winery
Chelsey Schrupp and Janessa Markgraf
Dailey Data & Associates
Support: (763) 253-0481
Heartland Payment Systems
Jim & Karen Lamb
Illinois Casualty Company
Independent Merchant Services
KLB Insurance Services
Midwest Hospitality Solutions
Mike's Hard Lemonade
Palm Bay International
Dominic M. Giuliani
Rick Feuling, Gary Noble
Scenic Sign Corporation
Triple Crown Gaming
Vinocopia - A World of Wine & Spirits
Marion Dauner, Jason Ospina
Schedule of Events
(Subject to Change)
All events at: Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, Alexandria, MN
Saturday, April 29
- Noon – 6:00 PM :: Registration Hosted by Anheuser Busch
- 11:45 PM– 12:45 PM :: Beer Tasting Lunch Hosted by Anheuser-Busch
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM :: Succeeding in the 2017 Competitive Environment
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM :: Microsoft Office Training by Linda Muchow, Alexandria Technical and Community College
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM :: Cocktail Hour featuring Jim Beam Classic Cocktails
- 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM :: Paustis Wine Company Gourmet Wine Dinner
Sunday, April 30
- 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM :: Registration Hosted by Anheuser Busch
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM :: Beverage Alcohol Training, by Gary Buysse
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM :: Brunch & Vendor Showcase scroll down to see vendor list
- 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM :: “Millennials: How to Work with Them & Keep Them as Customers”, by Author Bob Filipczak
- 2:30 PM – 3:45 PM :: “You Can Hire an Employee, But You Can’t Hire a Manager By Tom Shay”, Profits Plus Solutions
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM :: “Achieving Digital Excellence” – Diageo
- 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM :: Cocktails
- 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM :: Trinchero Around the World Buffet Wine Pairing Dinner
- 9:00 PM – 11:30 PM :: Casino Night hosted by Pabst
Monday, May, 1
- 7:00 AM – 8:15 AM :: Breakfast
- 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM :: “Your Customer Doesn’t Live Here Anymore” By Tom Shay, Profits Plus Solutions
- 10:00 AM – Noon :: “Becoming a Successful Change Leader” By Maple Lake Mayor Lynn Kissock Training and Change Management Consultant
- Noon – 1:00 PM :: Schell’s Beer & Sliders Lunch
- 1:15 PM – 2:45 PM :: Improving Creativity by Brave New Workshop
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM :: Relationship Building Hosted by MillerCoors (Trivia, Corn Hole, Scavenger Hunt)
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM :: Cocktails
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM :: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM :: Awards
Tuesday, May, 2
- 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM :: Breakfast
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM :: MMBA Annual Meeting, Elections, Awards & Industry Discussions
- 11:00 AM :: Home
Succeeding in the 2017 Competitive Environment
Saturday 1:00pm – 2:30pm
This is the place for interactive discussion on industry trends, operational best practices and more.
Microsoft Office Training by Linda Muchow, Alexandria Technical and Community College
Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
By popular request, Alexandria Technical and Community College Specialist Linda Muchow returns to conduct a Microsoft Office Training. There will be 16 laptops available for use or you can bring your own. Part of the session will focus on creating signs, newsletters, flyers and more on Word and Publisher. There will also be information on creating charts and graphs in Excel. Finally, attendees will explore PowerPoint.
“Millennials: How to Work with Them & Keep Them as Customers”, by Author Bob Filipczak
Sunday :: 1:15pm – 2:15pm
Many have had the following experience:
“In the last week, my millennial employees have completely blown my mind in the things they have done around here. The way they act and treat other people is mind blowing. Absolutely no respect for others. My parents would have smacked me. They are so easily offended by everything and they think everyone is rude to them.” Bob Filipczak, co-author of “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers and Gen Yers in the Workplace” will present a field guide for monitoring Millennials and many more valuable tools for turning today’s multigenerational workforce into an organizational asset.
“You Can Hire an Employee, But You Can’t Hire a Manager” By Tom Shay, Profits Plus Solutions
Sunday :: 2:30pm – 3:45pm
There are manager responsibilities and there are staff responsibilities. Unfortunately, there are too many managers who find themselves unable to separate the two and are spending too much time as a staff person or worse yet, a sales person. We will look at the responsibilities a manager should take on, those that should be passed on to subordinates, and how managers segment their management responsibilities into non-troublesome tasks.
“Achieving Digital Excellence” – Diageo
Sunday 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Some members are actively and successfully engaged in on-line, digital activities (Facebook, Twitter etc.) Some members are not engaged at all. Others are somewhere in between. This seminar presented by Diageo, is designed for all knowledge levels. At the start of the session, attendees will complete a short, simple “Digital Readiness Survey.” based on the results, they will then move to small groups for discussions based on their knowledge and experience level.
“Your Customer Doesn’t Live Here Anymore” By Tom Shay, Profits Plus Solutions
Monday :: 8:30am – 9:45am
This seminar provides solid, tried and proven ideas businesses can examine and utilize as they develop that “always do business here first!” feeling with their customer.
- Identify what type of business you should be
- Recognize the five types of customers and knowing which type you want
- Develop the customer service techniques customers crave
- Provide the five qualities every customer wants
- Fulfill the customer’s equation for value
- Determine the proper strategy for your business
“Becoming a Successful Change Leader” By Maple Lake Mayor Lynn Kissock Training and Change Management Consultant
Monday 10am – Noon
Change is happening all around us. Every day, new initiatives and projects are launched to improve performance, increase profits, and enhance competitive advantage. The reality is that failing to plan for change can be the kiss of death. In this interactive session, presented by Maple Lake Mayor and Certified Change Management Professional Lynn Kissock, you will receive tools for facilitationg change and learn how to apply them in your operation.
“Improving Creativity” by Brave New Workshop
Monday 1:15pm – 2:45pm
Some may think some sort of discounting and instituting a casual dress-code constitutes as ‘creativity.’ Think again. Bobby Gardner of the Brave New Workshop will lead you through a five step process that will help you think differently about your business and yourself.